magical defrager By ashampoo/No diskeeper

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Dark Shadow, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I am using the magical defrag By Ashampoo on a trial base any thoughts Likes and dislikes.Tried diskkeeper 9 seems Like the a glorified XP version but full features and No performance gains.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I have never used it. (I do own and recommend Ashampoo's Burning Studio software.) It's my understanding that the Ashampoo Magical Defrag uses their own defrag algorithm. Which might make me a bit nervous.

I use JkDefrag. It uses the Windows API for the defrag process. (IOW, JkDefrag controls the defrag process but doesn't actually do it.) After finding JkDefrag, I have felt no reason to look any further. It's simple, reliable and still under active development (which many of these kinds of programs are often not.) One other thing I really like about it is that it runs when I want it to, not automatically in the background when I'm trying to do something else.

If the command line is an issue for you, there are several GUI wrappers available for it. (I use the JkDefragStarter GUI.)

http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks:

When you look for a reliable tool, you would like to visit a speciality shop, not a department store. Ashampoo company sells from AV,AS to some utilities apps, some are good, some are so so, some are rather not mentioning. Diskdefrager is a essential tool to play with, needing extra cautions, hoping not to mess up hard disk drive. I would try these tools before even glacing Ashampoo's. Perfect disk 8, Diskeeper pro 12, O&O defrag pro 10 and Ultimate defrag, they are highly recommended by gurus here.

4. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

JKDefrag 3.28 :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.