Made backup on dvd and pc restart before end

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by drugsprofessor, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drugsprofessor

drugsprofessor Registered Member

I made a dvd backup from mine files, after two days and 70 dvd's their was in the night a restart from windows for a update.:oops:
    And olso on the 56 dvd their was a problem with a dvd. When I take him out I see that the disk is defect.
    Their was I think 5 disk before finish the backup.
    Can I do somthing or have I start al over again. 70 dvd and a lot of work are gone then.:thumbd:

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

That's a very large volume of DVDs to backup to. The risk of a defective disk or damaged disk will render all the DVD's useless. We strongly recommend you use an internal/external hard drive to backup to for that amount of data. Other benefits include the ability to update your backup on a regular basis without using additional DVDs.

Unfortunately, there's no way for us to resume a previous backup without doing it again. As I'm typing, I presume your system has changed and the last backup is already considered outdated and not replicable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.