Macromedia Flash Player

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Murray, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murray

Murray Registered Member

This annoying solicitation to download this software pops up continually, and I always refuse to download it.  (Would you accept free ice cream from a stranger on the street?)  Anything I can do to stop this, or should I give in and download it?

2. marti

marti Registered Member

Murray,

I use IE6 and have active x and all scripting turned off in the internet zone.    With that setup, all I ever get is a warning about the page not displaying properly.   I don't get warnings about downloading "flash."

marti

3. Murray

Murray Registered Member

Marti, thanks for the response.  I have IE 5.5, I think.  How would I go about turning off active x and whatever else needs to be shut down?

4. marti

marti Registered Member

Hi Murray,

In IE:  tools | options | security | internet zone | custom settings.   I have all active x "off" and everything relating to scripting "off."  

For sites that need active x and/or scripting that I really need to access,  I put them in the IE trusted zone, where the security settings are not so tight.   Sites that I have in the "trusted zone" include:  DSLR, MS update, my banks, my ADSL provider, pharmacies (for requesting refills on-line), and one or two others.

5. Murray

Murray Registered Member

Thanks Marti.  I turned off Active X,so I'll see how that goes....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.