Macrium Reflect other than imaging function

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by southcat, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southcat

southcat Registered Member

Greeting. I recently transfered my Windows 7 to a new hard disk. i had tried three free partition imaging software which are EaseUS, Paragon and Macrium but only Macrium successfully transfered my system. I am very impressed:D by Macrium.

Right now i am considering to purchase the Macrium standard or pro version. But i am wondering how is the perfomance other than disk/partition imaging of Macrium, e.g. resize partition, merge partition,....

Anybody can kindly share their experience on Macrium Reflect ?

Thanks.

2. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

Macrium can probably do basic disk formatting but I do not think it has any advanced partitioning functions. I have never used it for doing any operation on the disk, nor do I recommend using Macrium for this purpose. I would recommend you use a fully functional partition manager for any disk resizing/partition creation etc and use Macrium exclusively for imaging.

There are some good free partition managers around, somebody else can guide you on the freeware ones. I myself use Paragon Hard disk manager 2009. The partition manager in it is good enough to do all operations on any disk, as long as you use it from bootable cd and not use it to correct the mbr or anything, as this version is not compatible with windows 7. Paragon's latest versions are compatible with windows 7.

3. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

I don't use it that often, but Macrium has always been rock solid for me and never failed. I've done several restores fine. I know the new version 5.x allows resizing during a restore...I have not tried this but haven't seen any complaints about it. It's a good choice.

4. southcat

southcat Registered Member

Thanks for opinions.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.