Macrium Reflect Issue

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Ed_H, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I am trialing Macrium Reflect and have completed a full backup and restore without errors. After the restore, however, Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor both need to be re-registered. I am able to get through the registration OK but don't understand why this would be necessary. I also have ShadowProtect installed and do not have similar issues with SP.

Any ideas?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

This has happened to me in the past (not recently) with other imaging programs and other application software. One possible reason is that the program checks the partition id, which may be different after a restore. Some programs can interpret this as a re-installation in another computer.

3. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

I can only speculate since every softwares work differently, but I have seen some where if something is wrong with the timeline (i.e. going back in time due to a restore), they will ask to re-activate. If such software records its connections on the server, detecting an anomaly in the timeline is possible.

So in the end, this doesn't seem to be a Macrium Reflect issue. You will face this with probably any imaging app.

4. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I think you are correct about the partition id although I am not sure why it would be different after a restore with Macrium Reflect.

5. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Up until the past week I have only used ShadowProtect for about 3 years and never had an application that required re-activation. This application reactivation issue may not be unique to Macrium Reflect but it is definitely not an issue with ShadowProtect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.