Macrium Reflect Free

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by rOadToIS, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rOadToIS

rOadToIS Registered Member

I made backup file using Macrium Reflect Free.
    Now, if my cpu gets messed up, then how do I restore my backup file using MR? If I get blue screen and can't even boot my computer, can I still restore backup file using MR? If so, how do I do it?

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Via recovery CD.

3. philby

philby Registered Member

The free linux disk should work, but if you have problems, the paid WinPE disk should do the trick.

I change optical drive to #1 in the bios boot menu before using the disk.

One small point - if your image is stored on a USB pen, make sure you have most up to date driver installed for the device before you attempt a restore.

I didn't do this with a Buffalo 8gb pen and an XP restore took around 9 hours...

Hope this helps.

philby

4. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

I've used the free version of macrium reflect and have actually restored a windows xp image that I saved back onto my hard drive. All you need is the boot recovery cd, just boot with the boot cd then browse to where you saved your image, the generic linux version took about 10 minutes to restore a 20gb (6gb in use) partition. It was quite fast for a free software.

The restored drive booted up the first time with no problems.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

U can make a BartPE I think.

6. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Hi,maybe I'm lucky. I've restored both xp home or vista 64bit using the linux restore cd. When creating the cd I use the advanced option. Hope this helps :)

Attached Files:

7. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I saved my image, which is of 2 750g hdd's in raid0 to my storage drive. The linux bootdisk for me would not work on my hardware. Macrium will also create the plugin to use with BartPE. I tried a LiveXP sdi ramdisk image, but macrium does not see my raid array, although the LiveXP OS does. I settled using a BartPE ramdisk. Macrium works flawlessly in it.

Average time to restore my 5.5gb (2.4gb compressed) is about 45seconds. Take into account I boot into ramdisk (sdi image) from the primary hdd, full time to a restore is about 3.5 minutes minus the chkdisk that I have it perform.

Sul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.