Macrium Reflect free ,restore question ?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by mantra, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi
    i have a question about Macrium Reflect, does it respect in the restore mode the layout,bitmap and position of the files

i got a issue with acvite@boot http://www.lsoft.net/bootdisk.aspx , great really program , but i mess up my reserved zone and mft , because in the restore process it perform a soft of consolidation e defrag and change the mft settings

thanks
    cheers

2. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

It does.

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

@mantra: During restore process via Active Boot Disk, restore only partition, not its layout, partition table, and MBR. Each program offers plenty of options. It is always up to user to choose correct option and use it according to his needs.

4. mantra

mantra Registered Member

yes thanks

but with actiovebookdisk (which is a great software) i select to restore the 1 partition , and after i found some changes in the restore process ,like the files position , and the size of the reserved zone

for exaple before restore the image i had all my mp3 in the more slow hard disk zone and a small reserved zone

after the restore i noticed that the mp3 are in the inner(more fast zone) and the resered zone is huge

5. mantra

mantra Registered Member

are you sure?

i have some files , like audio or video file in the more slow hard disk zone

thanks!

6. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

@mantra: Backup software does not keep track of your defragmentation status. During backup, it copy data from used sectors (irrespective of its position on platter) and compress it. It restores data in sequential/continuous manner. You have to defragment after each restore.

7. mantra

mantra Registered Member

well i used paragon ,and in the restore paragon sets/stored the files in the same place in the hardisk

all my mp3 were in the in the same place before the restore

actiovebookdisk stored my mp3 close to the more fast zone

thanks

8. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

If you're using the imaging functionality of Macrium Reflect, then it should.

9. sded

sded Registered Member

Full version can-see attached. Take a look at the list of defaults for the free version to make sure it can.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.