Macrium Reflect: CHKDSK Encounters "An Unspecified Error" after Image Restoration

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by loyukfai, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loyukfai

loyukfai Registered Member

I built an image and then restored it to see if it works.

Everything seemed to be fine, except for one thing - CHKDSK running at boot time reported "an unspecified error has occurred" and could not continue.

However, if I run CHKDSK after logging in Windows, it can complete the scan and report certain errors (bitmap used space blah blah blah). But since it's the system drive, CHKDSK said it could only fix those errors during a boot time scan.

I'm going to use the Recovery Console and see if it helps, and will try plugging the drive in another machine as a slave to have it CHKDSKed if it doesn't. But is there any easier method to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. loyukfai

loyukfai Registered Member

Ooops... My oversight.

I tried installing Recovery Console but it failed, it says a file "hpt3xx" is missing, maybe that's because I was using an OEM Windows disc...?

Then I remember that I have installed FlashFire, and such programs sometimes cause problems in CHKDSK. I disabled it as described at http://flashfire.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38 and now CHKDSK runs just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.