Macrium Reflect 5 Restore from DVD's

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by TheKid7, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Macrium Reflect 5 Free - Restore from DVD's

Recently I restored and updated a Compaq Laptop PC for someone I know.

I installed Macrium Reflect 5.0 Free and imaged the C: partition only (2 DVD's). I did not image the Restore partition.

I also created a Macrium Reflect Linux Recovery CD. I booted the Recovery CD to make sure that the PC's hardware was detected. I did not do a 'Test Restore'. I will leave doing a Restore to the PC owner the next time that they get into trouble. If the Restore from DVD's failed, they have the option of Restoring from the Compaq Recovery DVD's that were made when the PC was purchased.

What is the procedure for doing a Restore from the Macrium Linux bootable CD? It appears that you have to insert the 2nd (last) DVD first. What are the other steps? Is the information on the last DVD so that Macrium will automatically know on which partition to Restore the Image?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. TheKid7

Re: Macrium Reflect 5 Free Restore from DVD's

I decided to have Macrium Reflect 5 Free download WAIK and make a Macrium WinPE boot CD.

When I boot the Macrium WinPE boot CD, I am able to open only the WinPE Explorer. When I scroll over the Macrium Icon, I am shown the WinPE Explorer and Macrium's Restore options. When I move the mouse curser over the Macrium Restore option to try to click on it, the option disappears. When I double click on the Macrium Icon only the WinPE Exporer opens. Am I doing something wrong? How do I open the Macrium Restore?

Thanks in Advance.

3. TheKid7

I "gave up" on the Macrium Reflect WinPE boot CD and uninstalled Microsoft WAIK. The Macrium Reflect Linux boot CD will have to do.

4. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Are you new to Macrium Reflect, or did you use a previous version?

5. TheKid7

This was the first time ever that Macrium Reflect Free was installed on that PC. I installed Macrium Reflect Free on that PC because the owner of the PC did not want to spend any money for software.

A couple of years ago I tried out Macrium Reflect Free on one of my PC's.

I have very little experience with Macrium Reflect Free.

6. rrrh1

rrrh1 Registered Member

See this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1970074

Got update notice and after updating I now builds a working WinPE recovery disc. There was something about the free edition not building properly for some people. It is now fixed!

This may help!

rrrh1 (arch1)

7. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

I'm using v4 so I can't give a step-by-step to follow, but there must be a guide somewhere, perhaps at the Reflect forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.