Machine Formatted, Rescue Disk Doesn't Work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mahler, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahler

mahler Registered Member

Was forced to format system from a very bad contamination. No problem, I have a True Image on the USB Pockey Disk from before the contamination.

Boot the Rescue Disk CD (full) and the hard drives, CD and CD-RW are found but the USB Drive with the image doesn't appear!! I mean, this is why I bought True Image!!

Computer is a Dell 2350, the USB is a version 1, the USB drive is made by Pockey.

The report will be sent shortly.

I have a primative load of XP running. The USB drive is still working and TI can explore the image from XP.

I tried the "quiet" trick. No joy.

...S

2. mahler

mahler Registered Member

Report Has Now Been Sent.

Actually, two reports now sent. One reporter run under XP, and one reporter run from bootable floppy.

The contents are different!

...S

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  3. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

Alas, if you only had the BartPE plug-in.... But wait, that's not included

:oops: :mad: o_O :( :'( :doubt: :blink:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mahler,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

After that please create new Acronis Bootable CD and try using it. If the problem persists please indicate in the letter that you have already tried the latest build.

If you do not get any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis request # which is sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. mahler

mahler Registered Member

Ilya:

Have already obtain build 638. Built a rescue cd during install and after install. Neither disk operates. I believe that I have tried all combinations of quiet / acpi=off / noapci.

I guess the camera images are next.

From the two reports already provided I have request numbers - 216783 and 216789.

...S

6. mahler

mahler Registered Member

Pictures Sent.

NOTE TO ALL ...
    This might help, I haven't seen it listed in the forum.

I got rid of "quiet" and booted the system. When the shell prompt appeared I turned OFF the USB drive that the RESCUE CD can not find. I got a console message saying the drive was disconnecting. Then I turn ON the USB drive. I got another message saying the drive was trying to connect but no driver was available. This message include a HEX NUMBER that would seem to be the unique ID for the drive type. I would think that Acronis should just be able to add that driver and zap me a new rescue image.

...S

7. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

From the build version it appears you're using TI 7, why not try downloading trial of latest version (TI 8 Build 800) - you won't be able to restore but at least you'll see if the USB drive is recognised when using the bootable CD.

8. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Well, if your external drive isn't recognized by your version of TrueImage, a work around is to remove the drive from the external enclosure and mount it internally long enough to restore the image and get up and running.

If the most recent version of TrueImage 8 won't recognize your external drive when you boot from the recovery CD, you could try a different external drive or a different brand of enclosure.

9. mahler

mahler Registered Member

The TI8 build 800 rescue CD did not find the USB drive.
    ...S

10. mahler

mahler Registered Member

Sysinfo file sent from build 800.
    ...S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.