Mac os X Lion & Windows 7 HD

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by ldf33, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldf33

ldf33 Registered Member

Hello, my iMac has a 1TB HD containing a 500GB Mac Os X Lion partition and a 500GB Windows7 partition.

I need to create an image of the entire disk that can be restored to identical iMacs (same model and hardware) so that the operating systems are both bootable.

Is there any Paragon Mac Software that can do this?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  2. mikebore

mikebore Registered Member

Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2011 Suite

You install it in the Windows side.

You make a bootable CD from within Windows.

You can make an image of the whole HD (including Mac) running HDM from within Windows, or you can boot from the CD and the make image of the whole disk from there.

You restore by booting from the CD of course.

There is also Paragon Drive Copy for Mac, which installs in the Mac side....all it does is enable creating a bootable CD from the mac side which is used to make the image like with HDM...(but the images made by HDM and Drive copy are not interchangeable)

I have successfully tested HDM, which does much more besides that Drive Copy.

Paragon's marketing of their products is very confusing...they seem to have a number of modules which do a range of things related to imaging repairing etc, and market them in different packages with similar sounding names.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.