Mac or PC ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by carry, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carry

carry Registered Member

Hello,
    I want to buy a new computer-(laptop)
    Which is the best:Mac or Pc ?
    And could you tell why you make this choice to one rather to another one
    (I have now a 6 years old hp PC )
    Carry.

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I have never used a MAC, mainly because it has always been too expensive compared to a PC. I am not sure about this but I think one doesn't have the same freedom when choosing hardware when building your own system (hence the high price), but not sure as I said. Someone may enlighten me if I am wrong.
    And maybe I am a victim of PC-fanatics propaganda here, but I understand that if you're a gamer a mac is not the way to go, at least if you want to play the latest games, I understand that it takes time until they are (ported?) released to Mac.
    The supposedly better security doesnt bother me since it is hard enough to get infected on a PC for me so that is not a problem.
    I sure would like to try a Mac someday though, the interface looks cool. And I have heard that it is lightning fast too, compared to Windows at least.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Maybe it's "MAC or PC + Linux ?"

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    What do you intend to do?
    My brother, who does a LOT of photo editing and design, bought himself a Mac book, which is reasonable choice for such endeavors. But if you play games and surf a bit, no reason to spend extra buck on the exceptionally pretty Mac :)
    Mrk

5. carry

carry Registered Member

thank you for your answers.
    I am not a gamer at all :)
    Just like to surfing,hear and download musik and Dvds' films and writing ...and wanted to take it whenever I go.
    I agree MAC looks like very pretty but apart from the price what's makes the difference ?And also WHY is it so expensive ?
    Carry-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.