LulzSec likes TrueCrypt and HideMyAss: Chatlog excerpts

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by nix, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nix

nix Registered Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/jun/24/lulzsec-irc-leak-the-full-record

http://www.salon.com/life/internet_...=/news/feature/2011/06/24/lulzsec_leaked_logs

True, that final quote. Umbrella collectives are simply too nebulous to target precisely.

2. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

They know how to crack any website but don't know how to hide they're data and themselves? Only a stupid cracker hides behind a single VPN.

3. nix

nix Registered Member

Oh, please. Are you jealous? Their disruption of CIA.gov was a nice political hit. Well done, well-deserved and only a minor interruption. Were you bothered by the fact that you couldn't access the CIA Kids page last week?

4. Tjee

Tjee Registered Member

If they do use HMA, isn't that a bit of dangerous?

Considering the stuff they pull while using an American Vpn.
    American Vpns are obliged to keep their logs (besides all the mumbo jumbo of no logs). At least that's what I read that in a post in the privacy software subforum here, something to do with some sort of American law.

5. Spooony

nope. Don't give one bit about the CIA FBI or whatever assassins/agencies you got over there. Not my country
    Btw I was suggesting that report look a bit fake. Why would one cracker ask another how to conceal himself after they cracked half the internets servers?

6. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

So much hippy ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ in one post.

It was a ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ take-down because they couldn't manage a legit one. They're ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ mainstream hackers who use tools they barely understand.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2011
  7. Spooony

Guys at your-freedom said the usa servers the people owning them wants to know what's going on on it and the authorities watch them closely. So they do not allow certain types of traffic on the usa servers. Using a connectivity service based in the usa is the last thing you will do. You'll have to look at the telecommunication laws of the different countries. That's why people go for the german providers. They're telecommunication laws does not allow you to keep any sort of personal data of anyone. All that they log is that you connected to their server and half your ip addy is erased.

8. Spooony

They are not hackers but crackers. People seem to forget a hacker hates a cracker. Back in the days there was a cracker and a hacker now they throw them all into one basket. The hackers working at the major companies seem evil now

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2011
  9. nix

nix Registered Member

10. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

lmao some sorta ~Phrase removed~ ad-hominem insult coming from a security hobbyist.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2011
  11. nix

nix Registered Member

Which kind of ad hominen attack are you worried about? Guilt by association? LOL. Don't get carried away.

LulzSec gave an interview to the BBC yesterday, and stated their alignment with Operation AntiSec:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13912836?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

12. box750

box750 Registered Member

Actually the whole transcript mentions HMA, SwissVPN, Anonine and StrongVPN, they also mention SSH over tor which is probably what they used for hacking, I would think that they might have used a VPN for chatting, which is not illegal unless they chat about planning some kind of action, and SSH over tor for hacking, creating a problem for the tor node operator and giving tor a bad name.

The anonOps blog (at blogspot) is reporting that the FBI, attempting to track down Lulz members, has seized web servers from a data centre in the USA, so here you go, the FBI can just go and seize the servers without asking the company that owns them for cooperation first, let's see if they get any logs out of it.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  13. Spooony

lol cia for kids. Al Cia.

Anyways the FBI seized it because they cut the throat of a major Botnet by doing so. So it wasn't to trace the hackers but more to close down a Botnet which was used by a syndicate. But lol this hiding ip thing got me thinking about that guy in Japan who sent a bomb threat from his PS3 and got arrested very quickly lol
    PS3 of all things

14. nix

nix Registered Member

The NYT said this Wednesday night:
    http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/21/f-b-i-seizes-web-servers-knocking-sites-offline/

That sounds pretty straightforward to me. A midnight raid in Reston. What could be simpler? I'm not sure about the botnet story.

15. Spooony

16. x942

x942 Guest

LOL one VPN that's it? I use TOR + VPN + Proxy (sometimes i2p as well) on TAILS using public WiFi and a fake Mac addy. That's how you stay anonymous. Also use no script, scroogle, and ghostery to stop tracking cookies and NEVER use your real name/nic/email (I have seen people who do /stupid).

I also don't pull illegal crap so maybe that's the difference between us.

17. nix

nix Registered Member

18. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Personally I think the whole "LulzSec" thing stinks such that no amount of H'ingYA will reduce the odor. It may have been an HBGary OP to provide support in criminalising Anonymous that has taken on an ego of it's own. The shmear failed and now has morphed into Anonymous-like activity to provide guilt through associative behaviour via marketing. I just hope the evil is soon vanquished.
    When your using FF in TAILS, does ABE see your real IP? Do any of the extensions see, collect or send your real IP? What modifications has TAILS made to FF to make it stronger in anonymity and privacy than using one from any Linux repository? How do you prevent the forum website your posting to from collecting your real IP?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.