lulzsec exposed??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by zfactor, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

http://www.neowin.net/news/lulzsec-members-revealed-by-lulzsec-exposed

The antics by LulzSec over the past few weeks may have attracted a bit too much attention, at least for those involved in the group. Their veil of anonymity and fearlessness may be finally crumbling. Some unidentified individuals are taking matters into their own hands, feeding LulzSec a taste of their own medicine - revealing the identities of (suspected) LulzSec members to the world.

A new blog, LulzSec Exposed, began its first day on Blogspot with a mountain of IRC chat logs and personal information for a handful of LulzSec members: Kayla, BarretBrown, Joepie, Nakomis, and Topiary. Of these persons, Topiary admitted to being part of LulzSec via their official Twitter page. Three of these persons are from the United States, while one is from Sweden and one from the Netherlands. Mr. Brown has also contributed to various publications, including the Huffington Post and The Guardian.

Amongst the blog posts, there is also evidence that suggests some of the LulzSec members used to be part of Anonymous, based on similar IRC nicknames they use.

LulzSec has, not surprisingly, mocked the accuracy of the posted information. Despite that, the confident public face they put on while revealing their exploits on their site and in explaining their antics may be one giant facade, as members are being extra cautious thanks to the extra scrutiny they now face from the general public and authorities alike..

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Good. I hope this becomes a trend.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

While this may or may not respond to your query zfactor
    Wikipedia now has an apparent one-stop shop for the goings on of the LulzSec gang :ouch:

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I'm not sure about those "Web Ninjas" either.

5. poof

poof Registered Member

Does anyone know how these hackers are compromising all these networks? I dont know whether to think that all these corporations are vastly irresponsible with our data and dont even have basic security measures, or whether there really is no such thing as network security.

6. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Registered Member

Mostly SQL injections, from what I understand. Combine that with the fact that most of the compromised accounts published to date have been from plaintext password storage, and there's your answer (Hint: That first one you mentioned).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.