Lucid reaches EOL on May 9th

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Trespasser, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Hi,
    This post is more an FYI type of thing, but Lucid reaches EOL on May 9th. It was suppose to be April 29th but for some reason they extended it to May 9th (which I'm actually grateful for).

My brother is presently using Precise 12.04 but he also uses HughesNet for his (satellite) internet service. He has a 200 megabyte daily download limit so one massive update wipes him out for the day. To help him with this problem I've decided to put Lucid on his computer and just update Firefox and flashplayer whenever necessary. I feel comfortable with decision.

Lucid is and was a great OS and I'm really, really gonna miss it. I consider it to be the best Ubuntu release thus far.

Farewell, old friend :'( (I know...cheesy, but it's how I actually feel).

Later...

2. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

yes i agree i still have this on my laptop my brother going to miss it a lot as he dont have laptop with PAE kernel support so its :'( for him really

another good old gnome 2.x going .........EOL :'(

i guess only option left is xubuntu xfce LTS with non-pae kernel left :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.