LUA + SRP =firewall not necessary?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by new2security, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

OMG! my brain infos leaked! :D

2. new2security

new2security Registered Member

But if you use LUA and SRP, no keyloggers can install automatically unless you install an infected software.

3. new2security

I've been wanting to use a router with built in firewall for a long time, but most routers today are focused on wi-fi connection and sharing which I don't like and don't need.

4. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Most all of them block unsolicited incoming by default

5. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

No offense, but I don't think you've looked very hard. It took me 30 seconds to find a wired-only router with a SPI firewall. And in most wireless routers you can turn off the wireless function as well if you don't want it.

6. new2security

Little OT perhaps:
    I've looked pretty hard but most routers w/firewall in the price range I'm looking for aren't that good. I had no idea you could turn off the wireless features, is it done via software?
    I might consider the "NETGEAR FVS338 PROSAFE" which has received some good reviews... but I have no experience with routers and any software that come with them.

Is it just plug and play in Linux (or any system) or do I have to install drivers? I know I'm picky!

7. new2security

I'd be satisfied with that alone. The Linux kernel will soon get rid of iptables and replace it with something totally new (why fix it when it works??) and to guard myself against any "open window" during the transition I've been thinking to invest in a router.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.