LUA and shortcuts on desktop

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Joeythedude, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeythedude

Joeythedude Registered Member

This might be common knowledge.

I'm trying out using a LUA in XP.
    I found out something interesting when trying to delete desktop icons and logged in as LUA.
    I couldn't delete some icons as they were installed under the All Users profile.
    I needed to Login as Admin, find icons under All Users , and delete the icons.

Hope this helps someone , I spent a few hours trying to figure out what was going on :)

2. Windchild

Windchild Registered Member

Yes, one of the nice but less obvious features of LUA. When, say, Firefox's desktop icon is in the All Users Desktop folder, kids can't accidentally delete it and then come running: "Daddy, daddy, where is my internet fox?" :)

3. Reimer

Reimer Registered Member

This is one of the things that can be annoying because so many programs tend to install to All Users. You'll find this happens with shortuts in the Start Menu as well.

What I do is just SuRun an explorer window with administrative rights and just delete the shortcuts in the All Users folders

4. Joeythedude

Joeythedude Registered Member

Yeah I found it really annoying esp as I could not figure what the hell was going on :)

I did what you suggested with the surun explorer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.