LSASS for server 2003

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by arrowsmithmidwest, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

Hey,
    we have server 2003 Small Business Edition, we went online to download the critical patches for it, which include the patch for sasser, and anyway, before we finished downloading it, we got it, we adventually got the patch on and after patching and installing the server we put NOD32 ver 2 on . because last time we put it one before we configured the server and it screwed everything up, we rang microsoft and they said dont put the anti virus on until last, so thats what we did.
    so in the end, we have it all set up with NOD32 and update def's. We scan the server, and no virus? yet it still resets itself with file lsass.exe.

We download the cleaner by Paolo monti and that wont pick it up either, microsoft didnt have a cleaner for server 2003, and yeah, nothing will pick it up.

Maybe, is it because we got changed the service, Remote Procedure Call to on failure to restart the service rather than restart the PC, because that way it doesnt reboot on ya.

Anyway can some one please verify this.

Thanks guys

2. arrowsmithmidwest

Does anyone have any ideaso_O

3. sejong

sejong Registered Member

Have you tried getting a newer version of imon.dll from eset?

You may have an older version of this file that does cause lsass.exe to terminate, which in turn presents a dialog that initiatea a 60-second countdown to shutdown if you click OK on it.

4. kocsiistvan

kocsiistvan Registered Member

Hello,

I would like ask, Can You solved problem ?
    I think, I have same error.

thank You ?

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Contact ESET support for fix file. This appears to be some kind of NOD32 vulnerability since it came from nowhere...

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It is a problem with IMON, there are newer versions around, send a email to support@nod32.com and they will send you a newer version or a link to download a newer version of IMON.

Cheers :D

7. steve_h

steve_h Registered Member

The newer version (2.0.10, a.k.a.the beta version) does not necessarily fix the problem. This is with WinXP Pro. Problem with it killing the LSASS process still occurs intermitently. It appears that they have more work to do with this 'fix' before it is really fixed.

Steve

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yeah but bugs don't happen all the sudden. I was using my PC a week ago as usuall and bam lsass rpc error came from nowhere and was there until i changed imon.dll. Nothing changed in software config,even after full disk format was there. Bugs (or minor errors) don't do this.

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

All I can say is, I have been advised by Eset that they are aware of the problem and are currently working on a fix...

Cheers :D

10. arrowsmithmidwest

thats good to hear then

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.