lots of talk about prevx.. is prevx a full av or ...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

a anti malware/hips to be run along side of a av. and how well is its detection etc.. thanks

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

From the Prevx description of Prevx Edge-" Cutting EDGE realtime protection, advanced behaviour monitoring and rootkit prevention - vastly improving your defenses against all forms of malicious PC threat."

For Prevx CSI scanner the describe it this way "Check your PC in around a minute to remove trojan, rootkit, information stealers and all other form of malware infections with this advanced scanner."

If I understand it correctly, they are antimalware programs, not necessarily an antivirus. So, I think you are right about running it alongside an antivirus.

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    We've developed our products to be compatible with other antivirus/antimalware solutions so that you can ideally use a layered solution as no one product protects against all threats.

The technology behind our products is a community based analysis system which is fed with behaviors of programs, centralizing the prompt answering of a behavior blocker rather than leaving the decision to the user, as well as conventional signatures, whitelisting, blacklisting, and centralized sandboxing of samples.

Let me know if you need any clarification, or if you have a free week ahead of you, feel free to read through the 3,478 post thread in the "other anti-malware" section :D (or just ask me whatever you want and I'll summarize it :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.