Lost TC Header need HELP, all partitions gone, but not deleted

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by ButtonHappy, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ButtonHappy

ButtonHappy Registered Member

Was switching from laptop to pc with WD My Passport 750 gig, 2 partitions, one encrypted. Laptop read both fine, was able to mount/dismount with no problems The PC could not find the encrypted partition.

Was no problem with drive letter, so I decided to place a key file in the unencrypted partition (through VOLUME TOOLS, BACKUP VOLUME HEADER). I may have told TC that there was no HIDDEN VOLUME, but am unsure. In doing so, I somehow over wrote the partition header for 1 and 2, into partition 0.

Now TC will not mount due to INCORRECT PASSWORD OR NO VOLUME FOUND.

After doing a scan with WinHex, I have seen that all data is still there. Also it is showing 23 partitions and counting... Scan is ongoing. Can post results in a day or so.

Is there any way to to put the partition headers back in the rightful place so that I can mount my drive?

or

Is there a way to do a data recovery to retrieve my lost data? Will it still be encrypted? Will it still be useable?

Im not too familiar with this type of software so I have been searching forums for any help I can get. I have DiskTest, WinHex, and Stellar Pheonix Data Recovery to use. Before I proceed I need some insight to what I am actually doing, and maybe a proper course of action b4 I start. A clone is on the way, as soon as this scan finishes.

Thanks in advance for any advice or solutions thrown my way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.