Lost space

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by ukstar, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ukstar

ukstar Registered Member

Hi There,

Can anyone help pleaseo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
    I have a 250gb HDD. It was partitioned as 100, 100 & 50.
    As I needed more space on C, I have merged C & D. After the operation is finished, C is still 100, D is gone and E is still 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't find the missing 100!!! Can't Undo changes!!!!!

Please help...

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello ukstar,

Can you post a screenshot of your hard drive after? Run chkdsk /r on the C partition: Start > Run > cmd > "chkdsk C: /r"

If your C drive is displaying as NTFS and 100 GB in Paragon still, we could try to slightly adjust the partitions so the program rewrites the parameters.

Before:
    [100 GB][100GB][50GB]
    After:
    [100GB][50GB] ?

Try shrinking the 50GB partition from the left side a few megabytes, then extend the C partition those few megabytes.

3. ukstar

ukstar Registered Member

Hi Tomy,

I think I messed things up. As I was trying to get the pc to be up & running quickly, I didn't wait for a reply.
    I have tried to copy the whole thing from an old disk.
    What I did was as follows:
    I tried to copy C: into D:
    I checked on the option to make the changes according to the large size of the new disk.
    After the programme finished, I found out that all partitions are merged!!!
    Now, first of all, can I undo that as I have some Data that I need from one of the deleted partition?
    Am I going to be able to recover the Data on the deleted partitioned?

Regards,

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Ukstar,

If you successfully merged two partitions, although the second partition is deleted, the data is now move onto the one merged partition. Paragon creates a folder on the merged partition and puts all the content of the old partition into it. So if you merged C: and D: partitions, in C: there will be a folder with all the content of D, and D partition will be deleted.

There's no way of undoing the merge, although I don't think it's necessary since no real data has been lost. If you need to recreate D partition and move back the data, you first have to find the available space to shrink C partition, recreate D and move back the data.

Good luck

-Tommy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.