Lost Serial #.. Help!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Straight Shooter, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shieber

shieber Registered Member

No, it shouldn't be this difficult. However, it was recommended yesterday that you contact Tech Support, which is were you are being pointed now. Sorry if the posts yesterday weren't clear enough. And sorry that the PM route didn't work out to expedite things.

The forums are often good for getting help on issues faster than Tech Support can provide them, but for this particular type of problem, Acronis has to get involved -- they have to issue you a serial number as if you just bought the product.

Good luck.

2. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

Another crazy email...

Private email removed. See the TOS - Ron

I've done everything, now I'm disgusted... This company is shameful...

Jim

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2007
  3. Straight Shooter

I did do that yesterday too!

4. shieber

5. shieber

In that case, I'd stop asking for help from Acronis and starting demanding a refund; your receipt is adequate evidence of the purchase. If you can't get a refund, contact the Attorney General's Office in your state -- you can probably find it on the web with a form you can fill out to file a complaint about mistreatment or suspected fraud. At some point, incompetence becomes negligience.

6. showtime33

showtime33 Registered Member

If your images are no longer available to search for perhaps a registry serial # or locate the file that would contain the serial information. Then i guess you will have to wait till they help you.....I always check the registry first.....under hklm or hkcu

this is all i can offer for help...

7. Straight Shooter

I sincerely thank you for understanding...

How can I even ask for a refund when all I get is canned emails and whatnot?

Jim

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Probably not the most fruitful approach for a $50 product. Also it depends on what was stated in the enclosed agreements. I know when I get Quickbooks disks they state plainly in bold print, to ensure care of the license numbers as they will not be replaced. They also state there is only a 30 day period for refund.

I wouldn't be surprised if Acronis had similiar stuff in the box, in which case demands for refunds and complaints to the Attorney General's office probably won't yield much.

Sometimes you just have to choke it up, realize it was a waste and move on.

Pete

9. Straight Shooter

Finally I was able to PM

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  10. shieber

Yes, that way, they don't pay toomuch of a penalty for failing to provide support. Also, negligience cannot be waived no matter how much stuff one prints on a box. Also, laws vary from state to state but they also tend to impose strictures on vendor responsibility and what the vendor can exclude form warranty, time limits, etc. -- which is why it's can be worth a few minutes of time to check the AG's website -- most of the that info can be found there, or easily tracked down. The worst of this is that, if the folks reading the emails jsut read them, a lot of the "confusion" and frustration wouldn't exist. They actually sent me a "glad your problem is solved" message when the message said palinly that "I cannot perform a restore with ATI 11." Hasrdly a problem solved due to an email that was hardly read.

Acronis just needs to get its act together. There are always some problems and some complaints, but since ATI 11, things seem to have steam-rolled into a Laurel and Hardy movie -- but with fewer laughs.

11. Straight Shooter

I totally agree... and think I'll be looking for something else the next time, which may very likely be very soon if they don't hurry up and help me out. Too bad, I am not very far from their corporate offices. I may go pay them a visit and tell them face to face they are a bunch of F--- ups...

Jim

12. Straight Shooter

I got a reply from some dork today saying that since they can't find my registration online they can't help me. He totally ignored my email and the attached copy of the sales reciept. If I don't hear anything tommorow I will go find something else. Acronis is getting more and more bloated every year anyway and the incremental backups are overhype anyway.

13. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Jim, this dopeyness reminds of a similar experience. Bought a product and the key didn't work. After being bounced from email to phone, and back and forth, I spent 2 hours on hold and finally found a human with an answer. He said the most recent batch of keys sent out were bad.

I am thinking to myself, gee why didn't you resend good keys to those folks, but since he was helping me I kept my mouth shut. He promptly emailed a brand spanking new BAD key. I gave up.

Since this outfit sells imaging software, PM me, if you want to know who to avoid.

Pete

14. Straight Shooter

They sent me two emails this morning. One actually told me to go through OfficeMax and see if OfficeMax could give me an registration codeo_O WTF?

The second email was an apology email and they sent me a new registration code! Too bad I had to wait and jump through hurdles but I have to see if the code works now and I'll be busy for a while LOL..
    Jim

Thanks to everyone who helped me sincerely and heartfeltfully...

Jim

15. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Straight Shooter, let me explain. You've purchased the software not from Acronis directly but from reseller. This company should provide you with sales receipt, product itself and the serial number. Please note that Acronis can't track your purchase and have no information about your serial number because it was not purchased via our Online Store. In most cases if you're experiencing issues with box, serial number etc you should contact the shop where you've purchased the software (this statement is also true for refunds - Acronis is not able to refund product purchased at third party store).

I'm glad that the issue was solved and that you was provided with the new serial number.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.