Lost Serial #.. Help!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Straight Shooter, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

I BOUGHT a Hard CD Acronis 10.0 from Office Max a couple of months ago. I can't remember how I installed it but from what I think I just installed it with no problems. I wiped clean my hard drive and changed the operating system from Win 2000 to Win XP Pro. A Fresh Clean install of Acronis. It's asking me for a serial #. I don't have it. What can I do?

Please help asap. I am imaging this computer with no software installed and the wait is killing me.

Thanks
    Jim

2. Straight Shooter

I have a feeling I'll be waiting a very long time for help...

3. Straight Shooter

Is it possible to "pull out" the serial # from an image?

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Did you register the SW at www.acronis.com? If so then the serial number is stored there. Where did you get the serial number the first time you installed? It is usually with the manual or the box you got from Office Max. Please don't keep bumping your post every few minutes, its considered rude.

5. Straight Shooter

Oh, forgive me for being rude but I am in a very agitated state. I checked with the acronis site and The only thing I could find was a version 8. That won't work with ver 10. I bought ver 10 at OfficeMax and I do not have the box. If I did I wouldn't be here. I guess I thought I registered it but I didn't.

I suppose I could find the reciept. I also have images with ver 10 that I don't want to use now. The serial number is probably in the image.

6. Straight Shooter

Dead Silence again....

Does Acronis monitor these forums? I thought this was the "official" forum...

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Contact tech support with the information re your situation and if at all possible, your serial number. That's your best bet.

Of you installed ATI 10 and entered your serial number, it will show up on the Help, About page.

8. thomasjk

You will need to open a support request with Acronis. Find a post by "Acronis Support" and click on the username to send a PM to start the process. And yes even though you are in an "agitated state" you are still being rude. :rolleyes: The serial number is in the registry on your machine which is contained in one of your images. But since you wiped it out you will have to get help from support to reinstall.

9. Straight Shooter

I tried that already and they sent me a reply saying they may respond in up to 48 hours.. That's a ridiculous "policy".. and have you tried getting those clowns on the phone? That's an impossibility!

Is this better in terms of the rudeness?

Thanks for being the ONLY two to reply, and I was hoping Acronis support would reply, rightly so..

Jim

10. shieber

I reckon the point is, please don't take it out on the rest of us -- we're jsut a bunch of users, too. ;-)

Good luck with your situation.

11. Straight Shooter

I assure you I wasn't. I sincerely thank you for trying to lend me a helping hand.. It's just the frustration of NOT being able to get help from a company when you have bought their software 3 times and you can't even get them on the phone. I tell you, this is why I am beginning to play with Linux and I use OpenOffice, Firefox, and other opensource stuff. What's the point? Even if you pay for it it doesn't matter at times.

Jim

12. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Jim

The one question you didn't answer is did you register on the Acronis website. If you did, your serial numbers and downloads are available on the site if you log in.

Pete

13. Straight Shooter

I guess I didn't. When I checked that site, I saw a registration for Acronis 8 upgrade. That is NOT the Acronis version I have now. I stopped at OfficeMax a couple of months ago (I can't remember when) and Paid cash for a Store bought boxed copy. I threw the box away. I honestly can't remember what I did with the serial # but usually I write it down and store it in multiple places. I think I had a death in the family at the time I bought Ver 10 so it's possible I didn't record the number..

Thanks
    Jim

14. shieber

If you have a receipt or credit card record or any other evidence of the purchase, that might suffice for Acronis Support to issue you a new serial number.

15. salzan

salzan Registered Member

Why not just use the recovery disk from your previous install to create images/restore until you get this sorted out?

16. Straight Shooter

Because they were corrupted.. I deleted them anyway...

17. salzan

salzan Registered Member

I'm not talking about previous images, I mean the bootable CD you make from within True Image for the purpose of recovery...

18. Straight Shooter

You mean, if I take the boot cd, that can tell me the serial #?

19. Straight Shooter

At least I just found the reciept. Now only if someone from Acronis would say hello...

20. shieber

21. Straight Shooter

I'm beginning to think The Serial # was either stupidly in an inconspicious place or not even in the box. Perhaps I'm just another victim here.. after reading those other threads....

22. IS200

IS200 Registered Member

Did the application ask for a key when you first installed it?

23. Straight Shooter

Well, this was in August...

I have this nagging feeling it didn't. I must have assumed at the time since it didn't it was a paid version and it didn't need a serial number.

That's what happens when one "assumes"..

Jim

24. Straight Shooter

Now I'm going in circles..

I got a PM from someone asking me to send a request, even though I already did before. He gives me a link that won't work UNLESS I submit the serial number in first! DOH!
    I scanned my reciept. This is truly ridiculous. I tried sending it to support@acronis.com.. Watch now as to how they'll drag their feet..

Jim

25. thomasjk

You can't use the email address. You need to log in at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/support/ and submit your request there. See this Sticky for more details https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.