Lost partition can't be recovered

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Winterlight, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winterlight

Winterlight Registered Member

I used the Paragon Alignment tool on my Primary active hard drive that had two Primary partitions, and one Extended containing two logicals. All of them Windows 7 NTFS.

The Alignment check revealed that last logical partition was correctly aligned but none of the others were. I attempted to align the two primary partitions, and the PC rebooted and ran for many hours. When it finished it had not been successful with the two primary drives, and now my last logical drive, which had been reported as aligned correctly was missing. Windows 7 Drive manager shows the partition as free space as does Paragon Partition manager.

I attempted to recover the partition using both Paragon Partition Manager 9.5 Professional and Component Paragon Alignment Tool 2.0 - Recovery-CD. Both programs see the deleted partition, but when I attempt to recover it I get the message <not enough free space> to recover the partition. It appears that both the deleted partition, and the space it is taking up are in conflict with the programs ability to restore the missing partition. How do I fix this? Thank you.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

3. Winterlight

Winterlight Registered Member

I decided the newly aligned partition must be overlaping the existing logical partition, so I backed up that existing logical .... removed the partition and then attempted to restore the missing partition. It worked. Once I had the missing partition back I created a new logical and copied the data back into it. Problem solved.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Glad to hear you had a backup image and all went well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.