Lost my socks

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Rainwalker, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Greetings......ok...dumb...i know but i can not locate the dialog box in OP showing the socks and proxy stuff. Also is does not seem possible to block ip ranges with OP.....is it possible :doubt:

2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

The "Blockpost" plugin works with Outpost 2.0 and 2.1. This can block an IP, and single or multiple ranges of IP's very well.

You can download the plugin at the Outpost forum.

3. Rainwalker

OK ... thanks optigrab ( your handle cracks me up :D )
    What about that OP dialog box showing the socks / proxy preset stuff. Where the heck is it :doubt:

4. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Hi Rainwalker

I don't use a proxy server, so I've never had occasion to ask this question myself, however I don't believe there is any place in the Outpost GUI that displays any proxy/socks settings, except for the Outpost Update settings which lets you specify to use a proxy server for connecting to the agnitum server for updates to Outpost.

I believe proxy settings are only specified within the programs that you allow to connect to the internet. For instance, Internet Explorer has a dialog that lets you specify proxy settings.

You may want to confirm my responses over at the Outpost forum. Or just check out the forum anyway!. I heartily recommend it as a great place to learn about Outpost and internet/LAN connectivity.

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/

Regards
    Optigrab

5. Rainwalker

Thanks optigrab......that was it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.