lost my license?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Erevis, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erevis

Erevis Registered Member

hey i want to switch over to AVG but i lost my license code, is there any way to retreive it? i searched the site and havn't found anything. Please help! :3

i mean i didnt have it taken away.. i"ve forgot what it is and was wondering if theres a way to find out:/

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

New version (AVG) does not give a licence expiry date like Ewido did or tell you how many days left until expiry. To bad.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

The AVG AS7.5 that i have tells me how many days i have left and the date it will expire

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

NOt on my status screen o_O did you purchase new or upgrade from Ewido 4.0? I checked the help file and their screenshot does not show an example of a expiry date. Perhaps as I just upgraded an hour ago that has something to do with it. After downloading the new version(AVg 7.5) I un-installed the old Ewido. Edit - It (the date) just came up when I checked just now.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  6. Suthriel

Suthriel Registered Member

lost my license

Hy there, and sorry for my bad english ^.^

well i have lost my actual license too, and i have written to the support a few days ago, but no answer until now :( why is it so, that i have to uninstall my ewido 4.0 and install that new AVG and this program don´t got the license automatically? Wouldn´t it be easier if the avg installation take the license key automatically and then uninstall ewido by itself? Well i know, i am stupid too, that i lost my key 8know the hell why i have saved the key from last year and not the actual.
    However, how long should i wait for answer from the support team before i send a new mail?

Greetings

PS: why does exist only an english forum for a programm sold in mulitple languages?

7. meaton

meaton Registered Member

If you guys are still waiting for help, you can find your license details here:

https://secure.element5.com/esales/ccc/my_account.html

You need to login with your email address and password you used when you purchased Ewido/AVG AS. You can always click the Forgotten details link to retrieve them. Worked for me

Took me a long time to find it, but i got there in the end, GRISOFT/ewido should provide a link on the front page to this, its really unacceptable.

8. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Re: lost my license

Ok Please sent me an PN with your registered email address and all details which can help us to find your license (name, address, country etc)

Then I will look them up and send them to you. I don't know why the support didn't answer.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

AVG Anti-Spyware does copy the license information in the setup but only if you didn't uninstall it previously by yourself.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

9. Suthriel

Re: lost my license

Hi Vinzenz,

as i tried to send you a PN, i got the mesage that:

"The private messaging system is currently unavailable." :ouch:

Do you have an email, that i can use instead for sending you all the information?

have a nice day

PS:
    ^.^the AVG Steup told me, that i MUST uninstall the old ewido before intalling the new AVG

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  10. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

It asks you if it should do it for you :) If you select yes, it will also copy the settings etc.

11. Suthriel

However, the PN system does not work, how else can i contact one of you?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  12. Suthriel

Nice, the Private message system says me always that it does not work, and so i ask again, how else can i contact one from the Ewido team? It would be nice, if someone can tell me this, because my AVG is now a "Free Version" :(

13. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

14. Suthriel

Yes, i have (in the middle of december 2006), result: no answer from that support :thumbd:

Edit: Thanks to Karl.ewido for his help

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.