lost internet connection after install

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by newone, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newone

newone Guest

After installing TDS3, my browser lost connection to surf. I am on a home network. My internet connection is fine. I cant figure this out. Please help.

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Newone,

At the moment I don't know the answer.
    I hardly can imagine that TDS-3 is the culprit here, but...?

Maybe a good idea to give some more info about your system:
    Which Windows version, which firewall, which browser, TDS-3 trial or registred version, which AV, home network setup, etc.

3. newone

newone Guest

Hi,

TDS3 made some changes when it installed. My computer no longer looks to the router to obtain an ip address. It makes network changeso_O?? Very bad!

I am running xp pro sp2, basic home network on a linksys router connected to a cable modem, sygate 5.5 pro, and av doesnt matter.

4. newone

newone Guest

Oh, its TDS3 trial.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In addition to FanJ's questions, did you reboot after install, did you close all scanners and their resident protection and other programs during installation of TDS?
    If after your reboot it is still not working properly,
    then close all i mentioned and reinstall TDS over itself, reboot and see if things are OK now.
    Else answer all FanJ asked and we can go further from there.
    End if :cool:

6. newone

newone Guest

ok,

yes, I did reboot and the cpu obtained an IP outside of the router and I recieved an error that the internet conn was limited. Now this sux. How do I get my cpu to obtain an ip from my router? And yes, scanning processed were and are stoped and unloaded from the av.

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Did you give the router a reset too, after you saw this result?
    TDS does not make any changes like you described, certainly not in relation to the router etc.
    You could uninstall TDS and see if all is back normal, or go back to an older system restore point. If all is back normal at that point you could give it another try (with all programs except windows itself closed) and see if the same thing happens.

8. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Newone,

In addition to what Jooske already posted:

You might like to try LSP-fix, but alas I forgot the download link.
    I hope someone else will jump in here to give you the link.

In case you use NOD32 as your AV, then try to let IMON fix your network settings:
    IMON > Setup > Miscellaneous > Repar Now
    and then reboot.

But I still cannot imagine that TDS-3 was causing your problem, so please try what Jooske told you.

I hope it helps.
    Regards, Jan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.