Lost Headers to Hidden Truecrypt Partition

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by EggrollOcho, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EggrollOcho

EggrollOcho Registered Member

Hello,

I thank everybody in advanced for any help they may be able to offer me. I recently created a true crypt volume on a 32 gb usb flash drive with the hidden volume taking up about 29 gb. Since I had never used truecrypt before I wasn't aware of how it stored the password you used (in the header file) so I did not know I should have backed up the header files as well (it also never prompted me to create a rescue disk when i created the volume initially). Well after using the usb drive in various computers and inside of virtual machines, it appears that somewhere along the way i have corrupted the header or flat out gotten it deleted.

I have tried to mount the partition "using system encryption without pre-boot authentication" and I have also tried to restore the backup headers from the volume itself but I still get "Incorrect password or not a truecrypt volume."

I've tried reading through some of the other posts but don't think some of the situations apply to me or I have a hard time following the instructions given their environment. So I was wondering if anybody could help me find a way to get to my data if at all possible. If there is a forum post detailing this exact issue please refer me to it. Thank you very much and let me know if I need to provide any more information on my current situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.