Lost days from NOD32 license after renewing

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by betaspin, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. betaspin

betaspin Registered Member

Well, this saga is now over, and the 4 missing days, no more or less, have been added to my new license. On the whole, it took 5 days to get these 4 days back.

I am surprised by amount of effort that was required to achieve something relatively simple, which the first ESET UK Customer Service Representative I contacted could have done at the flick of the finger. I was also unimpressed by alant56 (whose profile suggests that he is "Head of Sales ESET UK"), as his explanation that he had been waiting for an e-mail when he had asked me to send him "a private message with the old username & password" is simply unconvincing.

I still think that NOD32 is an excellent product, and intend to continue using it despite this negative experience. And yet, in similar circumstances, most other companies would have offered some form of compensation.

2. rnfolsom

rnfolsom Registered Member

Marcos:

At the moment I have two WinXPsp3 computers on which today I installed NOD32 5.2.9.1, and one Win2kSp4 NOD32 v4.2.71.2 computer on which I will install v5.2.9.1 in a day or two. All three computers use the same (meaning the same username and password) NOD32 license. That license expires (for all three computers) on 02 November 2012, and I now get daily renewal notices about that, which is fine with me.

However, I have acquired a fourth computer (Windows 7sp1). It is not yet set up at all and is not connected to the internet (and won't be ready for NOD32 until well after 02 November).

So when I renew my license(s) for three computers, I want to add a fourth. In order to not move the next license expiration to a date earlier than 02 November, is there any way to renew and add a fourth computer, as soon as I upgrade the third computer (Win2kSp4) from NOD32 v4.2.71.2 to NOD32 v5.2.9.1? (To preserve my sanity I want all four computers to have the same username and password and to expire on the same date.) Or should I wait to renew until 01 November?

Roger Folsom

P.S. I am upgrading the first three computers from NOD32 v4.2.71.2 to NOD32 v5.2.9.1 because on Eset's renew-license website I read that the renewal would automatically replace NOD32 v4.2.71.2 with the latest NOD v5.x. Since the upgrade was inevitable, and elsewhere at Wilders I read that before installing v5.x a previous 4.x version should be uninstalled, I figured that before renewing my current license(s), all three previously NOD32 v4.2.71.2 computers should be upgraded to NOD32 v5.2.9.1.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  3. wolliballa

wolliballa Registered Member

At least both methods are possible here in Germany, where the first option is a bit cheaper:
    - extend updates for existing nuber for 2 yrs and add another license in a second step
    - add another license to current duration and extend updates for complete set afterwards

Ask your salesman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.