Lost Acronis Disk Director 9 boot menu

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by ScottM, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottM

ScottM Guest

I this this is likely a very easy question, but have been unable to easily find the answer:
    I have had DD9 (key:WC2S7-F6HJM-9UB7R-DUSMC-HXCU3) installed on a Windows XP SP1 computer for some time. The computer would display the DD boot menu each time, and I would boot to XPSP1 from there. I wanted to add bootable partitions for XP SP2 and for Windows 98, so I went through the partitioning wizard and created one new partition each of NTFS and FAT32 (from unused space of existing partitions). When finished creating partitions, I selected "Disk|Exit" to try to get back to the higher level menu. Apparently this was not the correct chioce. I was then asked if I wanted to commit my changes before exiting and I answered yes. I have now lost the Acronis Disk Director start-up menu. The computer now boots directly into Windows XP SP1 (original OS) each time. How can I restore the display of the DD menu on boot so that I can continue to install my other OS? Thanks.

2. bch

bch Registered Member

1. Go into DD9 and click on OS Selector. When in OS Selector look in one of the toolbar menus and click on activate.
    2. If you can't access OS Selector from DD9, ie, you receive a red error message stating OS Selector is not installed, close DD9. Click on Start\All Programs\Disk Director. You will find a menu which includes the option to re-install OS Selector. Click on that and let it re-install.

If you haven't made the full set of bootable disks, it would be a good idea to do so.

Best wishes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.