Losing faith with NOD32 shocker!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mrfargoreed, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Grisoft replied every time I submitted them a sample. Every time in less than 24 hours.
    Mrk

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

a typical forum thread, disagreements :D

lots of if's, and but's and why's and how's, oh and maybe's.

love it :D

3. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Damn! Maybe I shouldn't have let slip that I was an AVG Free user. :(

Though I'm not really a "user" of antivirus software anymore, per se; all the antimalware scanners I have are installed on test machines or virtual environments solely for testing purposes. I graduated my main rig to SSM + EQSecure some time ago, and haven't looked back. :D

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Well all of this is good news for the customer. My 10 gallon hat is off to those who are proactive in leading the way to listening to their customers. Because the rest of us using their product benefit. Yep, Stefan pretty much feels the same way about submitted samples. What is a 1 today, could be a 10 tommorow. As to those who dont, well, thank goodness for this icon.:thumbd:

5. EQ2

EQ2 Registered Member

Sometimes when I send some samples to Kaspersky,they reply to me some monthes later.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Well, have you ever submitted any to Avira. You see, that would be what really concerns me.;)

7. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

Did you send them by airmail? ;)

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it is definitely a difference . If you read frequently ESET forums , you'll understand that if you are infected/have problems , they would prefer you contact Support and therefore send such malware to them where the Technical Support Dept can decide if it needs to be added . So , if you use NOD32 and you got infected by something (NOD misses it) , then send it to support @ eset . com

9. EQ2

EQ2 Registered Member

No,I haven't

10. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

A vote for Avira as well. Top-notch response time, though personally I'd still rank Kaspersky above them.

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

:D :D :D

Check with your ISP , the emails might arrive later than they should :D :D

12. EQ2

EQ2 Registered Member

Why do you say so?

13. EQ2

EQ2 Registered Member

I hope so

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

lets keep this on topic and not a flame thread. EQ2, I think you are doing what you feel is right and no one here should fault you. But the next time you find one, send it to Avira and lets see what happens. All vendors can learn from a thread like this. The paying folks are speaking up, and you should listen.

15. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

I'm not quite sure how Kaspersky does it, but the last time I submitted something, I got a response in less than 15 minutes saying it was going to be added to the next hourly update. :eek:

16. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Maybe it's slightly a humorous remark to a perhaps slightly unbelievable story. ;) :)

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

We already got really out of the topic . Far away from the OP/OT ... but anyway , let's try ;)

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Well I guess Kaspersky has set the benchmark, that the rest need to strive for. Kudos.

19. trjam

trjam Registered Member

No, I think we are right on target.;)

20. Don Pelotas

Because they are usually 8-9 analyst's at it at any given hour of the 24 hours in a day.

9 at the moment:http://www.kaspersky.com/viruswatch3.

21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

now that is impressive.

22. Don Pelotas

This is the second post in this thread and it probably sums it up best. Submit to all, it is then up the individual vendor if they want to add as per their priorities.

23. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

I like this aswell.

24. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

If 60% more missed samples is insignificant, then why are we doing all this? Most of us have no criterion to go on except the detection rates. The difference between the overall detection of Avira vs NOD may not be great, but it is an indicator, and I would always rather have the higher detection rates assuming that it runs well. I say again, all I have an AV for is protection, and if I buy one I want the "safest" that I can afford, and that will run well for me.

I think NOD is a fine AV, and probably one would not get an infection using it vs Avira or KAV, but the same might be said regarding Avast Home.
    I still want the safest AV I can get, and I am not convinced that detection rates are insignificant. I am not sure which of the 10,000 vs 16,000 malware samples I might encounter.

There seems to always be a lot of excuses and statements that numbers do not really matter when one's AV is not at the top, but they sure do sing the praises when it is.

Regards,
    Jerry

25. light50

light50 Registered Member

I think thats guys should give eset some more time since with the new version thing might improve a lot.

Having said that i've come across some files where nod32 gave an error, a cryptom error, don't remeber what it was cause i forgot and couldn't scan it. While kaspersky and avira detected them as malware. I know an av can miss a malware some time or another but from my experience i'd rather go for kaspersky or avira, detection still is important

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.