Losing all Backup Task on Reboot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bonzadog, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonzadog

bonzadog Registered Member

True Image 2009 Home
    Windows XP Prof. XP3 and updated from MS.

I've been using TrueImage 2009 Home update for about 2 Months successfully.
    However, I now lose all my Backup Tasks + Log file when I boot thy System. I can enter a task OK, then End TrueImage 2009 and if I restart the Tasks are still there. But when I re-boot the all Tasks are gone. However the original
    Files are still listed if I "exclude these File" and open the Box.

I have downloaded the Acronis cleanup tool and re-installed completely - still the tasks get lost , so no change there.

Anyone with any Ideas ??

Regards

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bonzadog,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

Download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service.

Extract the downloaded file and run install.bat. The utility will automatically update the service. If the issue persists reboot machine and recreate schedule tasks.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. bonzadog

Hello,

Please note that the TI2009 was working well fpr about 2 Months before the Problem with the missing Backup Tasks occured.

I perfomed the scheduler update as requested , rebooted the systen, added a Backup Task , tested that the task ran then closed TI2009 and rebooted the system again. Again the Task are missing.

Please note that the TI2009 was working well for about 2 Months before the Problem with the missing Backup Tasks occured. However a complete delete and re-install has not helped at all.

I am wondering if this is a registry problem? Where are the backup task stored?

Reinstall V11 could perhaps solve this?

thanks for your help

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  4. Acronis Support

Hello bonzadog,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

To localize the issue could you please do the following?

Please create a task and check the following directory if the file with .tib.tis extension is present:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts

Reboot the computer and check the same path.

If the file is still present, please wait until the task starts or quite the contrary fails to start and let us know the results.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. bonzadog

Thanks for your Help.

1) I removed TI 2009
    2) boot
    3) Cleanup.exe
    4)boot
    5) install TI 2009
    6)boot
    7) scheduler update
    :cool: boot
    No chanke tasks get lost

Your last reply.:
    Since I'm using a German System:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome
    is equal to
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Acronis\TrueImageHome

When I add a task, indeed the xxxxx.tib.fis file exists under the "scripts" directory. But when I boot and look under
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Acronis\TrueImageHome the only directory existing is the C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Acronis\TrueImageHome\tnd

All the other are gone.

all the best

6. Acronis Support

Hello bonzadog,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

Use the following link to manually uninstall Acronis True Image Home 2009 from your computer. Then reinstall the software and see if the issue persists.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

7. bonzadog

Hello,

In my last Post, I used the AcronisCleanup.exe /shown al Cleanup).

However I'll try a third time.

I am now beginning to think very seriously about reinstalling V11.....

8. bonzadog

I used the acroniscleanup.exe then checked the registry as per last email.. all OK.

The deletion of the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\... files still continue.

Re.-installed but instead of all users only my username....However the same effect, the Dirs. get deleted

Now I re-installed V11 and it looks as though I am having the same problems there as well.

Please note: only C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome files are affected...all other programs function correctly.

Quite a problem.....

BD

9. bonzadog

This may be a clue.

I created a task 4E4D78C5-6FE5-44AA-946E-69EFB621D24F.tib.tis
    (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts) and copied the file to each subdirectory down to c:\.
    (6 copies) also I copied to to d:\ and e:\ as well.

After the boot, all 6 copies of the 4E4D78C5-6FE5-44AA-69EFB621D24F.tib.tis files were all deleted on the c:, but d: and e: files were ok.

10. bonzadog

Hi,
    is there anying new regarding my Acronis trueImage problem...(loing all Tasks when a boot occurs)

11. Acronis Support

Hello bonzadog,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I assume that a third-party software (probably, Anti-Virus software) deletes the .tib.tis file. Could you please start the scanning and check if the file present after the scanning is сompleted? Also, please check the statistics of your Anti-Virus program if possible. You see, if you copy the tib.tis file to another subdirectory, this file is considered to be a simple file that is out of Acronis program responsibility, and our program can't remove it by itself.

The main problem is to find the exact program that deletes the files.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

12. bonzadog

OK. using msconfig I deactivated an number of services , set entries the acronis script and rebooted. I finally found out that the ASKtool was responsible for the deletes. I have no idea why this tool should delete acronis files.

When I reactived asktoolupdate the scronis files were lost again, so I deactivated askupdate again and booted..scripts files were still there. So the cross-check worked.

However I will observe this and perhaps re-install the ask software again.
    Perhaps during a registry cleanup something went very wrong?

So please consider this issue as being closed, many thanks for your help.

I'm still puzzled why this should have happend.

BD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.