Lop

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kierantallon, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kierantallon

kierantallon Registered Member

Hi, this is my first post so excuse me for being slightly computer illiterate.

I have installed Messenger Plus! for MSN Messenger and unbeknown to me it also installed some adware called Lop. Now I know that some people will say that with Messenger Plus! it gives you the option to install Lop or not, and I can assure you that I clicked on the 'refuse to install adware...' bit and yet it has managed to find it's way on to the computer none-the-less.

I have had a quick browse through these forums and managed to find a thread about this Lop spyware but most of the computer jargon on how to uninstall it is slightly beyond me.

If it helps I can inform you that so far I have followed the following procedures to try and uninstall the Lop spyware:
    -uninstalling Messenger Plus!
    -downloading an uninstaller from the Lop website
    -downloading an uninstaller that a member of these forums posted on here
    -going in to safe mode and using the uninstaller there
    -using Microsoft AntiSpyware to remove it.

Obviously these have all been unsuccessful or I would not be on here moaning about it.

Everytime I uninstall it, everything seems to be removed fine. For example, if I uninstall it using any of the methods mentioned above then it is removed with no problems (i.e, the grey toolbar, pop-up bar, desktop icons and items in my favourites list disappear).

However, the problem reoccurs either everytime I restart the computer or everytime I log off of my area and then re-log back on. I don't know if it has anything to do with there being five different users of this computer - each with their own area but it seems impossible to remove.

So if anyone knows how to get rid of it please let me know.

Thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.