Looks like pale moon might be getting a total rebuild into a different browser.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Red Moon, Mar 15, 2016.

1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

- logical step
    - insufficient resources
    - goanna = no future

was time to face the truth out there.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

well it seems as if moonchild is intending to use a newer firefox codebase.But if he is struggling resource wise now i was just wondering how a recompile would be any better.

I dont see how goanna will have no future though.?

4. Brummelchen

5. LimboSlam

LimboSlam Registered Member

@Brummelchen: Well instead of criticizing or predicting the future of the project, how about you contribute. ;) I also want mention that SeaMonkey, K-Melean and Thunderbird (probably more) run off Gecko and currently have no plans of switching off Gecko to Servo, which kills the XUL framework. Now knowing this, maybe, just maybe they will put all their efforts and brains together and continue with Gecko. Well this is all hoping that they don't choose a rewrite of their browsers to continue on the Mozilla train of destruction.

-PS: the 2nd alpha version of Pale Moon 27.0.0 is out.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  6. Brummelchen

gecko is dead after servo/rust is fully employed and the ESR versions of firefox are sorted out with v52/53/54.
    at least fixes in gecko seems to be copied in goanna because same source. same will come to the other mentioned browsers/mailers.
    here is also no need for me to contribute in any browser because concerning browsers i am no developper and i dont have the intention to become one. sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.