LooknStop v Visnetic/8Signs

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Cerxes, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Injoy installs using a policy (numbered 0-9), each policy will give different levels of protection. There is no need to make any user rules (by default, outbound is allowed based on policy,... the returned packets go through NAT and SPI, and depending on version, will filter HTTP pages)

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Thank you both. I'm going to try it. About the registry backup, will do, thanks for that warning too.

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi Cerxes,
    Yes, such conflicts are possible, but would expect to see you having problems also with the Admin account (software installed by Admin only?).

I have been looking at disabling services/ making further restrictions to limited user to try and re-create your problem, but still not seeing this problem yet.

4. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

@Stem: O.k. I´ve not tested 8Signs yet (to much to do), but I´ve reccived a mail from C&C Software:

I´ll test the firewall under LUA during the weekend.

Edit: I have terminated most remote services, could that be the cause maybe? Since it was designed to function in a workstation/server enviroment, maybe there is a malfunction because of this?

/C.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  5. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Yes, but it seems that Windows has almost never ending revelations of 'undocumented' code and leaks.

Is there ever a 100% sure way of knowing all 'backdoors'? What about each time a patch is released?

Thanks for letting me know about the newest beta. I remember reading a day or so ago where Mike Nash was explaining the only reason version 2.1.0.11 did not fare 100% over at matousec.com was due to a bug in some new code. OA has been developing nicely, would be nice if they would beef up the SPI in the firewall though :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.