LooknStop doesn't work with AVM FritzWeb

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Phileas, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phileas

Phileas Registered Member

LooknStop doesn't work with AVM FritzWeb?

My PC is connected to the internet with an AVM-ISDN-adapter. The AVM FritzWeb-Software connects via dialup to the internet and also provides ICS for another PC in an network (similar to MS-ICS). FritzWeb uses an own IP (192.168.120.254) and is recognized as an Windows network adapter.

LooknStop shows on its first page, that the PC is connected (IP: 192.168.120.254), but all incoming connections were handled as internal (logs says from "localhost") and are not filtered (statistics on first page: filtered incoming packets: 0). How can I tell LooknStop, that all data coming through this interface is to be filtered?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Are you sure you need to select this network interface to filter Internet traffic ?
    Do you have some other available network interface ? Did you try them (don't forget to press the apply button after the change) ?

Regards,

Frederic

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi,

You are using NAT (192.168.120.254) so I assume eveything is coming via his IP you have asked for. This IP cannot be seen from internet.
    Do you use the Fritz!firewall as well? And do you have closed all server settings (ports) in the settings menu?

Gerard

4. Phileas

Hi Frederic,
    It is my usually used dialup-adapter; LooknStop choses it in the automatic-mode, when I connect to the internet.
    It works fine with an manually configured dialup-network.

Hi Gerard,
    I think, you are right.
    No, in my version of FritzWeb has no firewall-functionality.
    In which settings-menu (LooknStop)?

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I have a two-way interface (ISDN & ADSL) but I unplugged the ISDN part, having no use for it right now. However for the ADSL part I am using the German version because they have (had) there software more up to date and for me both languages are equally difficult to understand. I can close all server ports within the settings menu and I am using the Fritz! firewall for outbound stuff (free download from AVM). I attached the three icons in the systray regarding fritz!. The one of the left i can use after rightclick to change settings, reports, etc etc. The middle one is just the ppp/dsl and clicking on it you can see all ins and outs from your connection. The right one is the firewall icon, but i am not sure if it is for isdn as well and/if it is in English.
    Best thing you can do is surf around their webpage (support/faq etc.) I am sorry I cant offer any help to you. My experience is that if you ask support questions you will receive an answer within 24/48 hours.

http://www.avm.de/en/index.php3

Gerard

Attached Files:

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

For me, you just need to select manually the right network interface.

If you absolutely want to be in automatic mode, then you need to add "192.168" to the IP exclusion list in the advanced options.

Frederic

7. Phileas

Problem solved: LooknStop doesn't work with AVM FritzWeb

Hi Frederic, Hi Gerard,

I think, Gerards answer put me on the right way. The FritzWeb-Software, which acts as a dialup-adapter seems to have an build in simple firewall and connects to the computer over his own IP like a NAT. The firewall is in the version I use not configurable (unlike to Gerard's), blocks most ports, only some ports can be opened by the user (see attached picture of the settings). Therefore the log of LooknStop stays empty, when I use this dialup-adapter.

Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.