look'n'stop and wireless

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by g8ts, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g8ts

g8ts Registered Member

Hello, Great Site !!!
    I have a LAN set up to a LinkSys Router. Both computers are plugged in seperately. One is Hard wired Look'n'stop works great there only thing is it seems to disconnect when system sleeps and I have to restart it.

On the wireless it will not connect. What am I missing? Seems to be calling out correct network interface in options. Checked FAQ's but not much on wireless. Maybe it does not matter if your wireless or not with a router,I don't know. Oh, wireless system is Windows 2000, Hardwired System 98,only thing I see differant is the Windows 2000 created a networkadapter and called it Look'n'Stop(with my default adapter information behind it).
    Thanks for the help)

2. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

In the option screen, you should see a wireless adapter showing and that is the one you should select

3. g8ts

g8ts Registered Member

I do have the wireless checked, which tells me it should have worked just like my Hard wired system. I'm wondering if its all the adapters showing in my device manager. Theres 2 ea showing for my wireless stop'n'looked named one and there is two more it added, maybe I should uninstall delete all Network Adapters
    accept for the one I am using, make sure Internet works then re-install Stop'n'look and manually choose Adapter. What do you think ? What about Stop'n'look not re-connecting when system wakes up? have you ever heard of that happing ? Thanks !!!

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

For the re-connecting issue, you can try to manually select the network interface instead of having Look 'n' Stop automatically detect it.
    If this doesn't work could you verify if Look 'n' Stop detects correctly the IP address in the Welcome page when the problem occurs ?

For the WiFi adapter do you detect particular alerts in the log when the connection doesn't happen ?

Frederic

5. g8ts

g8ts Registered Member

no logs

6. ooops

ooops Registered Member

Did you get your wireless issue fixed by chance?
    It appears I have similar issue. My wireless laptop is not able to connect to shared drives and printer on the LAN, but it connects OK to the Internet and Linux machine on the LAN via ssh and sftp.
    Nothing in the log either.:(

7. g8ts

g8ts Registered Member

NO I did no.

Was waiting for a reply. I can not get connected on my Lan or Internet. Using a WiFi Linksys Router(g)and Linksys eithernet card. I am getting some FF.FF.FF.FF logs. I am now setting up some new internet filtering trying look'n'stops "how to configure for a LAN" that I got off of there web site.Also trying a IGMP protocaol. Will let you know if it works!

8. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Sounds like a problem with your router/wireless card.

Ones I got connected (my LNS always chooses the correct interface [LAN or WIFI]), I logged the traffic in LNS and found that I had to make 1 rule for the wireless connection:
    1a. TCP 53 for DNS resolution to router
    1b. UDP port 1900 to router
    There are also some IGMP logs, but I can block it without any problems. I fear this rule is specific for my D-Link router, but I will be happy to send the file (*.rie) if you like...

However, first you have to configure your router and wireless-card to correctly communicate with each other. I know nothing about LinkSys routers :rolleyes: Anyone else here o_O

Thomas :)

9. g8ts

g8ts Registered Member

well I am still working on it. I uninstalled to start fresh and that has become a problem. I am getting an error stop'n'look driver can not load.This is on Win 2000. Will have to try again today.
    Loaded fine the first time but S'n'L loaded some WAN adapters that I thought should not have been there. Now I have nothing but the Wan adapters showing in options, where before it showed my WiFi card. Hmmmmm... Yes please send me the .rie file that may help after I get it reinstalled.

10. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

g8ts,

Regarding the *.rie file I sent a PM to you!

When you get a problem with loading the LnS driver, there is some patch available, the others here should know...

Thomas :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.