Looking for Ms-Office 2003 Professional.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pinso, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Hello Folks,
    u see i was looking for MS-OFFICE 2003 Professional, i already h' MS-OFF 2003 Standard edition installed on my PC. I think its quite old and i want to shift to 2003 Proessional Edition. i h' MS-Office 2007 i.e., Demo version, but it tends to bog down my System Resource making it even slow.
    And the GUI is too complicated for me, (it will take another 5-10 years) for me to get adjusted, i simply dont like the whole look. (To each his/her Perference)
    I h' been using MS-Office Standard for 10 years, n really like it, n i think its a good Program. Really intuitive and User friendly. But i think it time to move to Professional Edition.
    Can someone redirect me to the MS-Office 2003 Professional Edition, Demo Version will do. I would be greatful if someone could helpme. :)

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

pinso, because Office 2003 Professional is no longer available for purchase directly from Microsoft, you probably won't find a legitimate demo version. There are full version copies available for purchase at Amazon and eBay, yet I would not buy them.

Reason being, looking at this old Office Standard Edition 2003 Comparison page, the difference between the Standard and Professional versions is the addition of Access, Publisher & Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. The same, identical Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint programs are shared between both versions. The Professional edition would not be an upgrade of the Standard edition, except for the addition of the aforementioned 3 programs.

If you have been conscientiously updating the Office 2003 Standard edition since you bought it, you do have the most current up-to-date version available. Office 2007 would be the upgrade to Office 2003.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Purplus has MS Office Pro 2003 in stock for $249.95 as an OEM

http://store.purplus.net/miof20pr.html

I agree that I like 2003 much better than 2007. I have the Professional version of 2003 and the Enterprise version of 2007 but 2007 is really slow.

BTW- my Prodessional version has Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint Access, Publisher and InfoPath. But I don't use it anymore.

4. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

5. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up, Ms 2003 Pro contains just an addition of Access, Publisher & Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003.Well i hvn't used these
    three Application in my past 10-15 years of life.
    Anyways Pro version isn't any upgraded version MS-Office 2003, most of the time i work on MS-Word and PowerPoint, till date it hasn't bothered me. So i guess i'll be using Ofice 2003 for another months or so until i decide to purchase a laptop in a year or so. Better start get adjusting with the new thing.:)

6. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.