looking for linux cron scripts

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ehall, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ehall

ehall Registered Member

Hi,

I'm experimenting with Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Linux. I've used it for a couple of disk migrations and backups, and am looking to try and use it for local backup of my remote web/mail server.

The box has two disks, one for root and another for backups. What I basically want to do is take complete copies of the first drive (the whole disk), dump them onto the backup drive, and delete any archive more than seven days old. I think I could probably do all this with the X11 tools, or with the secure zone feature, but this box is headless and X-less and it doesn't appear that any of that stuff is possible using the command-line tools alone.

Anybody got a cron script they feel like sharing that will basically do that?

Thanks

2. gafrol

gafrol Registered Member

Hi,

the command trueimagecmd is what you are looking for.

rgds
    Roland

3. ehall

ehall Registered Member

Yeah, I know about the command-line program to create images. I'm looking to see people's cron scripts.

Specifically interested in seeing how people implement things like a number-of-days counter, or size-limit counters, and so forth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.