Looking for ISO image CD burner software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Stro, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stro

Stro Registered Member

Can anyone recommend reliable, bug-free CD burning software for use with ISO images? I want to download .iso program files (from SpinRite and BootIt NG), then use the CD burner program to burn bootable CDs from the ISO image files.

Anyone tried ISO Recorder Toy Power freeware, a shell program with uses Windows Explorer to transform an ISO image file into a bootable CD?

I appreciate your help.

2. dog

dog Guest

3. chetcope

chetcope Registered Member

I use Alex Feinman's free ISO to CD with no problems
    http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

That's the "ISO Recorder Toy Power" program you mention.

Very straightforward and easy to use: Once installed, iso files show up with a special symbol and when you right click on one, you are presented with a 'make iso file' choice from the context menu.

The only thing that throws me is that the program's default install is into a folder called..."Alex Feinman." So I spend time looking for that app with a guy's name!

Also later installs (Microsoft updates? My entry level level Nero updates?) have knock ol' Alex out of commission and I've had to re-install it twice. No problem--except having have to reboot the system.

It comes in handy: Yesterday I installed the new V-Com Fix-It Utilities 6 (just out) and made 2 different recovery CD's from iso's created by Fix-It (& its included Recovery Commander) for my computer.

4. Arup

Arup Guest

The excellent freeware BAO burns ISO well and so does the venerable CDRWIN.

5. G-Force

G-Force Guest

Stro,

If your looking for a simple, "no frills" application .... why not try the tiny freeware BurnCDCC?

GF :cool:

6. hadi

hadi Guest

7. CDburner

CDburner Guest

I would go with either CD Burner Xp pro as Hadi suggested, or use Deep Burner. http://www.deepburner.com Both are great free packages that rival many payware programs. Most people I know find Deep Burner to work the best, with the fewest bugs out of the two.

I've heard too many complaints about BurnCDCC, but it doesn't hurt to try it yourself, along with the others, to see what works best for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.