Looking for freeware, standalone IP Hider!

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by thanatos_theos, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

Can anyone tell me where to download a freeware, standalone IP Hider. I really need. Any reply will be of great help!

hoping,
    thanatos

2. raco

raco Registered Member

If you want to hide your IP, you will need a proxy server. No software can do that alone. Depending on what you want to do, it can be easy to get or not, it can be free or not.

3. dagger

dagger Registered Member

Get TOR.

4. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

I think you are probably right. I stumbled on this JAP Anon Proxy. Their JAP 0.6.6.0 is a freeware. Is it good? Should I try it?

thanatos

5. raco

raco Registered Member

I don't know, I never tried it. It seems to work like Tor, with proxies provided for free by different people. It depends on what you want to do. If you want to be able to register on some forum where you've been banned, then most solutions are probably good enough. If you want to hide a terrorist communication from the government, then you'll need to have a very extensive knowledge about cryptography and privacy concerns. Try JAP or Tor, they may suit your needs and can be used for free (as far as I know).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.