Looking for free online file sharing site

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I tried 2Shared and liked the simple upload page, but it makes you use their .exe downloader instead of just directly downloading. MediaFire's too graphics intensive, not very pleasant for dialup users. Anyone know of a good, free, no BS file sharing site where they keep your files active for a reasonable amount of time? I know I may be asking the impossible, but you never know unless you ask. :) Thanks.

2. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

DivShare works fine for me.

4. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

DropBox?

5. guest

guest Guest

...or 4Shared. I know many online file sharing services but they seem to be dodgy. :blink:

6. allizomeniz

After investigating some of these I'm starting to think they all have a catch.

Anyone know if divShare should work with Firefox? I uploaded a file then downloaded it with Internet Explorer no problems, but I can't get it to work with FF.:rolleyes:

7. guest

guest Guest

Don't use FF then. :D Try to download it with Opera or Chrome and see if it works.

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Do you have a link to try? I just tried downloading a file from my account with Firefox and have no problem.

Also I would check what addons you have. Maybe you blocked something that prevents it from downloading properly.

9. allizomeniz

Fuser, you're right. I tried FF in Safe Mode and it works. It must be something with my setup. All in all DivShare looks pretty good, should suit my needs. Thanks a lot guys. :)

10. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

1 more to add: SkyDrive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.