Looking for free Backup soft for Raid 0

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by cgeek, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgeek

cgeek Registered Member

I've been looking for a free backup app that supports Raid and having no luck. So any suggestions?

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

have you tried macrium?

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Hardware or software RAID?
    Talking about just data backup, or drive imaging/cloning?

4. cgeek

cgeek Registered Member

No. It offers a free PE disk which is nice, But it doesn't support differential backups.

My board has a raid controller. I would like to image the array.

5. korben

korben Registered Member

Paragon offered their product for free a couple of months ago so I installed it on my friend's laptop and it works...

6. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Macrium has worked for many onboard RAID controllers for me. Raid 0 image works just like single disk does. According to the topic, it fits the bill. If you have other specs not mentioned in the topic, maybe not.

Sul.

7. korben

korben Registered Member

Macrium and Raid 0 were not cooperative on my friend's laptop, but that coud have been an isolated instance.

@Sul, your sig is in my top 10 of all the sigs I've seen since the year 2000.

8. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I have used Macrium on many Raid 0 machines without instance. I know it won't be with all, but I have been very pleasantly suprised at how many it has worked with.

I cannot take the credit for the sig really, it was Windchild who said in a thread that it sounds like I do things to my computer instead of with it. It was a very accurate way of describing me and what I do with my computer. I can only say that for me, it is absolutely true and thus I stole it from him ;) (I hope it also serves to warn/inform people when I post some weird stuff that I am not at all normal lol)

Sul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.