Looking for Alternative to TeamViewer

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Brandonn2010, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Hello. Recently I fixed my grandma's computer by using TeamViewer. It is a great program, especially since it's free, but I was wondering if there is another free program like it that would allow it to restart the computer, log back in, and reconnect without interaction from the person I'm looking at the computer for, that way they wouldn't have to sit there for possibly hours to log back in and reconnect for me. Thanks.

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

In the Teamviewer connections menu there's an option to "setup unattended access".

3. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Correct. And you also have an option to restart the computer and continue assistance.

4. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Excellent. Thank you.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

LogMeIn. But it looks like you have found an answer with TeanViewer.

6. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I was getting ready to suggest looking into Log Me In as well. I don't believe it supports logging back in after a reboot without assistance from the end user though. I could be wrong. Also I do not know the difference between the free, and paid versions without looking on the website myself. I have used it with Webroot, and I had to allow them to reconnect each time. It was extremely painless, and easy though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.