Looking for a new USB Flash Drive

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Trooper, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Hi gang,

Well, the time and need has come for me to get a new USB flash drive.

I have been looking at this one , and this one as well.

I want a 2GB drive for sure. I've heard good things about both of these models.

Was curious if any of you hear have any experience with either of them, or would you recommend another brand?

Thanks as always. :)

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Don't really know about those brands Troop, but how could you go wrong @ 2Gb for a 100 odd bucks! I remember my very first 64Mb stick was about the same price.....
    One point though; Maybe the 'slimline' ones might be better as I've noticed at work that some of the 'chunkier' models sometimes have trouble fitting in a recessed USB port, or if there is a cable in an adjacent port. A few people at work have had to buy a short male/female extension to be able to use theirs.
    Cheers,
    Buck.

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I agree with bigbuck the slim ones are much better especially if used on a notebook where the USB ports can be close together.
    The first one I purchased was fatter but now they are all very slim and neat :)

I have a few Gizmos but they are from Crucial which is UK based.
    I can recommend them as I have also bought these for presents and have never had any problems with them. Just looked they do have a .com so maybe an option for you?
    Link is to my UK based Crucial site.

Crucial Gizmo's

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

They are so fantastic aren't they: 2G on a flash!!

However; they are extremely dangerous....

...leave your computer on with someone you dont know: one flash drive, one USB port, 2 minutes: data theft.

I know that's a bit melodramatic, but this has happened to a friend of mine.

Regards

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thank you all for the feeback. :D :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.