Looking for a multi-hop VPN solution (a little less expensive than Xerobank)

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Natural Law, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natural Law

Natural Law Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

First time posting to Wilders. I am seeking all of your very informed opinions on a multi hop VPN that is not as expensive as Xerobank.

I have had Xerobank, and believe it to be of great quality, but to be perfectly honest, I cannot afford it any longer.

Shadow VPN was ok, but obviously it is a single hop VPN. I am a privacy zealot, concerned about government surveillance, because I'm a very- limited government proponent.

I was considering Anonymizer Universal, however, I read their terms of service, and it appears they keep logs for an unknown period of time, they are under U.S. judicial jurisdiction, and their rotating IP's are only U.S.

I would take a single hop system if it was deemed reputable by all of your high standards, if I can't find a multi-hop solution.

Crypto is out of my current price range unfortunately, I also researched their product.

Swissvpn was unacceptable.

If anyone has any proposals, I would be deeply appreciative. Privacy from the prying eyes of the Leviathan is of great personal philosophical importance to me. I would like to give back by providing any help on these forums in the future that may be needed.

Thanks in advance.

2. hierophant

hierophant Registered Member

If there's someone you trust, even if you don't know them IRL, you can share a XeroBank account. Last time I looked, that was cool re their TOS.

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I think Cryptohippie was $270 for a year. And although ShadowVPN is a one hop VPN, it is mixed with Xerobank traffic which makes it a different case than other one hop VPNs. Is Metropipe a one hop VPN? I have no idea. I don't know of any other VPN's that I would personally consider trying.

4. Lyx

Lyx Registered Member

You could have a look on Ivacy: They have a kind of two hops vpn. Simple vpn is $31 for 3 monthes. Double vpn option costs $7/month. So you have 2 hops vpn for $17/month with unmetered trafic. Anonymous payment is possible.

http://ivacy.com/

5. Natural Law

Natural Law Registered Member

Thank you all very much for your suggestions so far.

6. box750

box750 Registered Member

You could try Jondos, they have a farm of a dozen servers (aprox.) using a chain of three servers at once which can be choosen at will, including the country exit, but their price range is as expensive as all the others or even more, this is expected in all multihop VPNs I guess, it is like paying for three VPNs at once.

If I had to choose a single hop VPN I would most likely go for Cotse.net, they claim to have 5 days log retention. It may be truth or it may not, no way of knowing. I was with them in the past and at least customer service was efficient and replied in under 24 hours.

Jondos.
    http://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.