looking for a great antitrojan

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by mantra, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

yes, Outpost is a very high rated Firewall, I use it too and very satisfied.

Jammer is not xp compatible. and I guess it is Outpost that has their full attention at the moment (ours attention too ;))

Inf.

2. Socio

Socio Registered Member

I would go with TDS3 if you want the best, unless your a novice then Boclean might be better for you at least until TDS4 is released which is supposed to be more user friendly.

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Jammer is dated but Agnitum still sell and support it as mentioned in the Outpost forum Outpost Pro vs. Tauscan & Jammer thread. However the Outpost forum cannot handle issues about Jammer (as so few people there use it) so I would be cautious about choosing it.

Tauscan is rather better supported with signature updates on a fortnightly basis but this pales in comparison to those of most other anti-trojan scanners. Since Outpost is the only product listed on Agnitum's homepage, people can rightly assume that this is where they are focusing their efforts.

4. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Yes, I think these are wise words of caution. I am a user of OutPost on my Compaq and was offered a $15 deal if I did a survey. I did the survey, but decided against the Tauscan for the very reason Paranoid2K points to. Tauscan :doubt: I guess it has potential but the efforts does seem to be on OutPost.

5. Adventurer

Adventurer Guest

Has anyone ever had Trojan Remover find anything? ... I know alot of people that have tried it, but no one that has ever had it flag anything.

I have also read alot of trojan scanner reviews and can't find any that include Trojan Remover. I also never see it recomended by anyone in the security forums i visit.

It's a fast scanner but i wonder if that's all it is?

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

It's a scanner and thats about it, no realtime protection. You can do manual scans or set it to do a scan at start-up. I tried it for about 6 months and it never found anything on my box. I finally went with Ewido Plus. Now thats a fine product I must say... :cool:

7. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

I agree great product. Easy to use, great support and great detection.

Thanks,

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.