looking for a great antitrojan

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by mantra, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Guest

hi
    i'm looking for a great antitrojan

helpme

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

In my opinion you can't go wrong with TDS3 here

bigc

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi mantra, and welcome to the Forum.

Since we all have our favourites (I use two anti-trojan apps myself) it is difficult to just say "use this one" since there are quite a few excellent anti-trojan programs out there. It really is something you have to read about, narrow it down to two or three that you feel would best suit your needs and system specs.

Once you've narrowed it down to a few anti-trojans you are interested in learning more about, then you may like to give us a bit more information like your operating system, other security programs you have installed, etc., then members will be better able to reply with helpful suggestions.

To get you started, here are some links to read through:

Anti-trojans
    Anti Trojan comparatives
    Criteria for Trojan scanner selection

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Regards,

snap

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

tds-3, Boclean, Ewido - you cannot go wrong.

A2-TH : matter of choice and what else you got on your system.

5. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi thanks
    i did install a² StartCenter

6. Infinity

tell us what you think of it, so we can learn all from it. allways in need of info !!

cheers

7. mantra

mantra Registered Member

well
    i started it to scan my hardisks
    i have 3 trojan because drweb found them
    and a² Personal missed them!

8. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

BoClean=TrojanDefense. ;)

9. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Although it did take me a little while to se the light, I have come to regard BOclean as a fantastic AT. I also have licenses for ewido and TDS-3, both of which I can strongly reccomend as well. Just play around with the trial versions and pick what works best for you. As some other users have said, it's difficult to go wrong when picking an AT if you stick to the big names (never, EVER buy anything from a popup or "google sponsored" link). Good luck, and safe and happy computing to you :)

10. I look for a little more information when it comes to choosing any software. This description tells me virtually nothing. I sometimes wonder whether companies actually pay people a few bucks here and there to promote software. What other reason would there be for being a cheerleader?

I am interested in features not people's different rating systems. What are the features of BoClean? What are the positives VS the negatives of one software over another? That is more useful information to me.

Looking AT Software

11. controler

controler Guest

A nasty post requires a nasty reply.

Get off your lazy _ - _ and look the site over. Do a search and you will find all the info your little heart ever desired.

Bruce :D

12. quexx88

Perhaps you should read this, then. BOclean's advantages are its strong detection and extremely low resource usage. What else is there to say?

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Some positive features of Boclean (for me anyways)... Light memory scanner, auto updater, very simple to use, doesn't reek havoc on my machine, usually daily updates, great customer service, (emails usually answered within a couple of hours), money back guarantee... Also, I would like to add that there were some issues with the early version of 4.12 apparently and the BoClean team was on top of the situation (this is another plus in my book). :D

Negatives... No trial version, no on-demand scanner (this doesn't both me, but might bother others.)

As for what it has done for me.... It has nailed a few variants of CWS for me in the past.

14. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

I have to agree with bigc73542 on this and say give TDS-3 a trial. IMHO, it still can not be beaten.

For a start, it is one of the top 4 anti-trojans (Trojan Hunter, BoClean and Ewido being the other 3). Secondly, it has a complete set of other tools to aid in trojan identification/eradication built into it and yet it still is very easy to use. Not to mention the amazing support that the DiamondCS provide.

However, my opinion is not what matters here, it is whether _you_ find it to be the most powerful of it's kind ;).

A few links for you to read might also be of help:

http://www.anti-trojan-software-reviews.com/

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/uiuc/trojans/tr-tests.htm

http://www.vanish.org/security/trojans.htm

http://www.securityfocus.com/products/1689

Best regards,
    Jade.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  15. quexx88

I'm still waiting for my replacement TDS license key... :'(

*grumble*

16. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

When did you email DCS about this? If you emailed them on the 26th of this month and have not recieved a reply, it would be due to our Australia Day public holiday :).
    Probably best if you start a thread on this in the TDS forum here ;).

Regards,
    Jade.

17. Thank you. This is a useful reply. Did BoClean nail CWS as it was coming on to your machine or did it find CWS when you first installed BoClean. How effective is BoClean in CWS removal?

LookingATSoftware

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

It prevent CWS from doing harm to my puter before hand, so I can't exactly say how it does in removal. :D

19. mercurie

Sorry you did not find it useful. My post is based on personal experience which includes outstanding customer service. Your remarks about paid advertising imho is an insult to all here as you did not just confine it to me. Perhaps you should do a little checking. I really do not think I have ever rated Boclean on a number scale. How about this, on a scale of one to ten I rate it a 9 since no one or thing is perfect. Now let me see check around here; there are several threads going especially since the new release. Apparently you are not looking very hard Looking AT Software. Enough said before I really start a violation of TOS. :p :mad:

20. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Gents,

Let's keep the discussion focused on the topic at hand, not comments of a personal nature.

As a BOClean user, mercurie's sentiments are perfectly obvious to me: BOClean defines defense against Trojans. An obviously passionate statement that should invite further probing - try to get a sense of the why's behind it. I'd guess that it comes from threads such as this. There are plenty of others.

Like AV's, there are multiple options in the AT arena. The various vendors have taken somewhat differnet positions with respect to the development of their products. I happen to like the complementary approaches taken by BOClean and TDS-3. I own and recommend both. Which one is best for a given user depends on the design traits which that user embraces. For extremely solid low resource footprint coverage, BOClean is it. If very extensive coverage and a multitude of investigative tools is desired, TDS-3 is the one. Looking for something in between? Check out Ewido or .

All can be great products, but to really answer the question posed in the initial post we need to have a sense of what is desired and valued in an AT product.

Blue

21. mercurie

The word BOClean to someone not familar with the product would naturally say o_O . The name except as it relates to it's original purpose way back years ago when Kevin started now protects against alot more, as most of us know. But to some one not familar would not just by looking at the name understand what it is or does. Thus as you so well stated my passion for the product in expressing what it does is presented as a prompt for more discussion, if the other party is interested in more discussion.

I concur based on my research that TDS is a fine product too even if I have not used it. The reason again as you so well stated it is a little more then I need. My level of understanding based on screen shots of TDS...well it would take a little more study then I am willing to give it at this time, which again does not make it bad. If it does the job and you want that level of complex surely you should go for it. I run A2 free as on demand scanner on one PC.

Thanks Blue and I will try to control my passions a little better in the future, especially when I feel my feathers have been ruffled. ;)

22. spyaccess

spyaccess Registered Member

23. Infinity

please....jammer is so totally outdated and isn't even supported by there own company which is Agnitum btw and not topsecret.com :)

tauscan...try to do a full system scan and report back how long it takes...we talk again tomorow I presume

:D
    Inf

24. quexx88

Not so sure about that one, spyaccess. I have heard that Tauscan hasn't had any meaningful update in quite a while, and their database only contains 5,000 trojans or so. I would stick to ewido, BOclean or TDS-3.

Outpost is a great firewall though, I use it myself :)

25. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Very nice looking feathers BTW, judging from you avatar. ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.