looking for a Firefox extension.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, can someone tell me the name of the extension which deletes the cache, cookies, history etc when you close firefox? thanks

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

You know you can do that in the options for Firefox? tools/options/passwords/ the button "settings" gives you the option to clear private data.

3. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Tex. i just found what i was looking for, it's not an extension but an option in the Privacy Menu, i needed to select the settings option, then tick the Clear private data when closing Firefox. sorry :oops:

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

yeap, :D thanks

i've just started using Firefox today. i really like it so far :cool:

6. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

No problem. glad you found what you wanted

7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

you might want to check out the firefox link in my signature below. Perhaps there is something there of help. My most recent extension addition --which is use extensively-- is the new "File Title" which is the same as the IE "Save As". I use it all the tiime to save these forum postings to my computer.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

doesnt firefox already let u do this? just go to file > save page as. its also in the context menu.

9. GroverH

Firefox has always had a File//save as. What I am referring to the name applied to the file save. For example, this specific thread is saved as
    looking for a Firefox extension. - Wilders Security Forums.htm

I have used Firefox for so long, I forget what is new and what is old.
    I know the current name being assigned by my Firefox is more like IE than what Firefox has assigned in the past. If this has changed, then I'm glad to hear an extension is not necessary.

10. WSFuser

u are partially correct. it wont get the right title for any forum, but it works on normal sites like mozillazine.org, betanews.com and google.com

11. GroverH

I believe you are talking about the standard Firefox "save page as" function. The extension I mentioned above will automatically assign titles more accurately--so that a plus for the extension. When using Firefox plus my extension on other forums, the forum name and thread name will be automatically assigned to the saved file.

12. WSFuser

yes i was.

there is use for ur extension after all :D

13. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Oh, then you will be pleasantly surprised of what extensions can do for you :) Thats the joy of Firefox imo.
    The downside is that you have to have alot of RAM if you plan to have many extensions (hard not to :) )
    I have 37 extensions and they do take away some of the RAM while running Firefox, but I have 1024Mb so it is no problem. I propably could have twice that amount of extensions without any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.