look n stop ver. 2.4 (nov 02)

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by humblejohn, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. humblejohn

humblejohn Registered Member

:mad: I wrote this to a respondent in another forum as a result of a grc test of my firewall done on dec 12th about the problems i have been having with look n stop. My concern is that why didn't look n stop block or "stealth" all the ports including port 1025 "... i could not follow the jibberish about blocking ports from the discussion you referenced me to but I did find that the xp firewall was for some reason not activated. when activated it closed every single "closed" and "open" port in the grc test. my question is: why am i spending good money on look n stop when it is really unnecessary? i believe it was someone on this bb that recommended it. Either i am taking too much dope or what is happening here?
    Why was i told that the xp firewall was only minimal when it "stealths" every port? I am going to bounce the look n stop invoice which i just 2 days ago signed. Thanks. o_O

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey humblejohn

When you firstly install Look ‘n’ Stop your should switch from StandardRulesSet.rls to EnhancedRulesSet.rls by accessing Look ‘n’ Stop Internet Filtering screen and clicking “Load…” button.

There are numerous reasons why 3rd party Software Firewalls normally better to use, for instance complete control over what comes in and what goes out, and secondly Application Filtering Layer isn’t one of XP Built-In Firewall Features.

An another thing you should know is that these Online Scans only cover an aspect, because the Online scan results are all Stealth isn’t impressive.

And a question; what types of packets did you receive all yesterday? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.